Working in Information Technology and Telecommunications.
Jim has more than 40 years of senior leadership experience in global IT and telecommunications operations, engineering, and business development with Accenture, AT&T, British Telecom, IBM, Verizon, and Cisco.
Jim has extensive experience in the following areas:
- C-Level Advisory and Consultant Services – Guide development of managed services; integrate operations, sales, marketing, and support; develop business growth strategies; and facilitate strategic planning for global growth
- Managed Services Development — Develop managed services and create value-add propositions to expand markets and increase revenues
- Outsourcing/Transformation Operations — Lead outsourcing organizations and manage transition and operations phases of outsourced functions to reduce costs and increase client satisfaction and revenues
- Organizational Re-engineering — Re-engineer domestic and international operating units to achieve greater efficiency and profitability
- Organization Leadership — Develop and lead technical organizations including sales and solution development engineers People Development — Develop, motivate, and lead teams to achieve goals
Selected Historical Experience:
- Developed and managed the Outsourcing Transformation and Transition organization for MCI/Verizon Business as its General Manager (GM). Provided CIO functions to Danka Office Imaging as the MCI/Verizon GM for Danka IT and Call Center outsourcing contracts. Increased annual revenue from $4 million to $34 million in six months.
- Led merger of three AT&T international business units, reducing operating costs 40%. Integrated networks, operations, and organizations of AT&T International, Concert, and IBM Global Network while expanding managed services capabilities. Jim was Vice President, Global Operations, Sales Support, and Custom Outsourcing at AT&T Global Services. Jim led the development and deployment of AT&T’s global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program. He created global network costing and pricing strategy and support systems. Jim led and managed software development outsourcing to Oracle, Siebel Systems, and several consulting firms for these systems. He achieved greater control of contracts and generated a quality database for sales activity, pricing, contract administration, and operations
- Provided consultant services to Boards of Directors, CEOs, and COOs for IT infrastructure development, integrating operations, sales, marketing, international contracting process, and global business growth strategies.
- Lead strategic critical account engagements as a Cisco Senior Executive that included experience with Intrusion Prevention System solutions covering threat protection, deep-packet inspection, firewalls, and VPN security.
- Extensive experience in domestic and international network design and operations with AT&T, British Telcom, IBM and Verizon providing data, voice and video services.
- Created and led a global team of network and outsourcing sales consultants and solution development engineers as Vice President, Engineering, Solution Centers and Custom Outsourcing for IBM Global Services. This team provided direct customer interfacing and global outsourcing solutions. Jim developed technology deployment requirements for outsourcing, managed services, and e-business opportunities and implemented the network design and operations. He established, managed, and executed the IBM Global Network Services strategy for all Alliance Partnerships
- Created and led an international team of sales consultants and solution engineers as Director of Systems Engineering and Technologies, Syncordia (British Telecom). This team provided direct customer interfacing and global systems solutions.